I’m a designer, architect and user advocate with a penchant for creating innovative, simplified, highly usable designs and have a reputation for consistently delivering smart solutions to tough problems for organizations such as Microsoft, Cargill, Nike, PepsiCo, eBay and others.
The Design Co.
Owner/UX Design Consultant
2017 - present
Work with multiple businesses including eBay, Microsoft and others to drive strategy and vision for the group and oversee the development and management of multiple product roadmaps.
- Collaborating with senior product managers and development leads to present a viable experience for multiple products. Creating prototypes that map a more seamless experience relevant to those products.
- Engaging research groups to gather meaningful insights related to incident management products.
- Creating the style guides, component libraries and design specifications for multiple products.
- Designing prototypes for review and usability testing.
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Design Manager/ Senior UX Designer
2013 - 2017
Clients Include: eBay, Cargill, Nike, Pepsico, Apple, Baxter.
Managed multiple design teams, engaged with clients and leadership to drive and establish vision and design strategies unique to each product and client. Lead and designed high-impact, user-centered experiences with strong emotional appeal, sophisticated production values and intuitive navigation to maximize user engagement.
- Led UX design on ground-breaking applications that redefined the customer tools and client facing applications by increasing usability and reducing product abandonment.
- Concept diagrams, scenarios, wireframes, and prototypes for client mobile applications.
- Presented design and concepts to engineering teams and leadership
- Designed and facilitated user research studies.
- Developed detailed UI documentation and design patterns.
Senior UX Designer
2011 - 2013
- Provided and lead all design direction, user research and testing while working in a “Lean UX” process.
- Successfully produced and delivered mobile applications on time and in scope.
- Provided all design assets including style guides, specifications, annotated mockups, and clickable prototypes.
2009 - 2011
- Lead design for all products.
- Gathered requirements, developed wireframes and provided multiple design mockups for the product team
- Lead group discussions, provided feedback, set goals, and directed the design vision for all products.
2007 - 2009
- Contracted for multiple clients including Ancestry, Staywell, and McCann Erickson
- Worked with lead designers and developers to create innovative and user-friendly interfaces and applications
- Built and manage multiple prototypes using HTML/CSS
2004 - 2007
· Worked with developers, project managers and the marketing team in developing new brands for all clients.
· Responsible for managing the UI team and creating guidelines for all development of markup and CSS.
- Managed multiple customers during site creation and implementation.
- Designed, and built all customer e-commerce sites using HTML/CSS.
Western Governors University
Master of Business Administration
University of Phoenix
Bachelor of Science Information Technology
Utah Valley University